So I had the weekend off and not very much to do and I decided to take on of our homework's from Machinima a step forward in difficulty.
The homework was to create a room, fill it with a couple of characters and make them do something using Hammer.
For the room I did this:
This is the lower part of the WEB building I take classes in(I made the picture a bit larger as there is a lot going on it). This shows the 3D mesh version of the building.
This is it with some textures and details. To the side you will see a top down view of the building as well as side and back views.
This is the inside, when I took these screen shots the I hadn't decide on what texture to use for the walls, floor and ceiling.
This is the entrance to the building with fully operational doors.
This is the main seating area with a mini-staircase and wheelchair ramp.
This is basic classroom with some textures but no desk or seats. The purple rectangles at the back are the movable doors and the orange rectangles are the non-movable doors.
I created multiple classrooms and decided to make my video in one of them.
This is that classroom. In this I have 11 NPC's all acting with each other using the predefined script I had written. The pink rectangle is a set sequence that will perform an action that I have chosen. The red rectangle on the floor was me selecting it and choosing the texture.
I know the scene isn't that good but it's a first try and all first tries are meant to suck so you can improve upon them. Besides I prefer building the world rather than animating its contents.
Now it's time for RANDOM PICTURES FROM THE WEEKEND!
Like the look of this cookie? You should, it's brought to you by the fine bakers of U of U. This cookie is no ordinary cookie. It's double chocolate chipped, 4" across and 1.36cm in height(Yes i know it's sad that I measured the cookie).
Disappointment will only be brought to those from the UK if they think this is a NORMAL Milky Way, which it isn't! It's just two snack size Mars bars put together.
Oh yea we got an awesome snow storm on Saturday. This was taken about 16:47(properties on digital photos are getting very detailed). Seems pretty light for a snow storm only a couple of inches.
This was but an hour later(about 17:58). This was all cleared after I took the last picture, now it's about 6" in depth. The snow carried on for about 3 more hours, giving us 1 foot of snow! Needless to say this progressed into a mass snowball fight between floors. Some floors may have been at an advantage, knowing one of the guys who was snow plowing in a mini-tractor. Having a lot of snow dumped on you, not so fun as I found out. With the tractor now in the game my floor calling it a day and retired back to the safety and warmth of our dorm rooms.
So that was my weekend, the snow is still here and I had 3D modelling at 7pm(01/23/2012). Time to do some washing I think.
In keeping with my last post I bring you two different Fus Ro Dah videos.
And







No comments:
Post a Comment